Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Sun



Despite my resolutions, I haven't kept up with the blog. I have kept up with the painting. It became a nice day when I went to pick up my paintings from the Christmas show at the Mansfield Art Center, when they asked to keep seven of them for the gallery. The gentleman said the director loved my work. Well, that does something for the soul! I went outside, and it was warmer than usual and the sun was out. Hmmm. Think I will pack up and go paint in Holmes County, one of the sites to paint in for the Ohio Plein Air Society's Tenth Anniversary Show this year. We only have until May 1 to complete and enter five paintings. Last summer wasn't too great to get them done due to various reasons. So off I went....this is the first plein air of the year. Just outside of Loudenville I found an open area with parking and decided to do this Amish Farm. When I posted on Facebook a friend said it was a Beardsley Amish, a neat clean, no frills Amish farm. I was careful to note that this was in the Holmes County Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment