Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rose Mallow #2 demo and studio

I am loving my picture of Guy Dennis's Prairie Pond and the Rose Mallows and chose to paint it as a demo for the Portrait Club of Mid-Ohio last Monday evening. We originally planned it a week ago but the weather was so bad that it was postponed until this past Monday. Incredibly since I had done and 8x10 of it the two weeks before at a class in my home I got this demo done in an hour and 45 minutes! Next month I have another demo talking about plein air painting with another artist who will demo in pastel and I will do the same painting in oil. Time is a factor so we have both chosen to work with this same painting.
The snow and cold has been limiting but I am getting much done. Spent all last week cleaning my studio. I can now find things! All the watercolor things are together, as is the oils, the pastels. This old house doesn't have much closet space so I have to make due with bought sets of drawers, and cupboards.Luckily I have patio doors with North light. I still have some drawers to go through. This is my dining room turned studio.My table has two leaves that pulled out I can get four students around for a class. I have a small round table in my living room that serves as a dining table. I have gone through my bookcases and weeded out a lot of books , art , gardening, etc that will be given away.
Still seems cluttered and I should limit my self to one medium but unable.
At any rate, the next thing to do is work on my websites, http://www.judy-fischer-walton.artistwebsites.com and http://www.judyfischerwaltonfineart.weebly.com. then my newsletter for February. Plus PAINT. Sorry this weather is not inspiring me to plein air paint so I need to get inspired by some photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment