Thursday, April 15, 2010

Impressionistic Kingwood

The Spark for me was the Tulip tree/bush with the light green spikes in front, then the background azaleas and the rows of yellow and white daffodils. I was determined to do the painting in 1 1/2 hours so....began painting in large puzzle pieces with the complimentary color. Then added the various true colors on top. The large tree had no branches until the very top so had to add branches as it looked like a telephone pole. I eliminated a number of trees to make the painting's composition work better. Very unusual for me considering the prior painting is so photographic..I have been reading about the Cape Cod School, and light. Worked for this but really messed me up with my watercolor today. I continually try to confuse myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment