Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rabbit and violet


This week's DPW Challenge...One or two white objects set upon a colorful cloth. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a 1/2 yard of a Spring fabric after deciding I had only a white ceramic rabbit and a white Corelle dish. Both things I love. The rabbit was bought in the hospital gift shop when I was in nursing school and the small Corelle plates with the iris were purchased last year. This was definitely a challenge. I wanted to make it a one color per brush stroke but that didn't happen. It was so difficult to get those different whites. I do love this painting.I put the plate behind to make the composition more interesting. I attempted to make all the dark shapes one value and then all the light shapes one value.so they work together to make interesting shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment