Monday, March 21, 2011

Yellow Maple

First photo of the Yellow Maple. Since studying on Johannes Vloothuis' Webinar on WetCanvas.com, I have learned so much and this is this week's homework. Do a tree with hard and soft edges. I am still attempting to do the value masses also. Difficult. I wanted to do the sky a light blue but it didn't go with the 3 value plan. I think I went to light in the tree too fast, so now there is MUCH paint on, and feel I need to let it sit for the night. How weird when you are painting....donuts, birds, squares and circles all appear and need to be corrected, and all the sky holes end up being the same shape. It is also very difficult to make the shapes all different especially on the outline of the tree. Another out of the box attempt for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment