Saturday, January 11, 2014

Angelfish watercolor

Angelfish 5x7 watercolor 

Painted this listening to Strauss's Die Flederemaus, the opera. Working on more paintings but not finished yet. So this would be #9 as I am behind, due to Life getting in the way of painting! This was a little exercise in negative painting and ended up being more of a positive painting!
 I have been looking at Linda Kemp's book SIMPLIFYING DESIGN AND COLOR FOR ARTISTS.  I will get better at it with practice.
When it quits raining , drys up and I can get some good photos I will post on my website and I will let you know. It is extremely difficult to paint a painting everyday and get it photographed and cropped and uploaded in the light of day with the days being so short so will work on two others tonight and hope to post tomorrow and get caught up. I have definitely doing too many detailed paintings for this project! 
Tomorrow..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment