Sunday, April 3, 2016

Keep or toss?


I will attempt more of this painting but am highly dissatisfied with it. I used an old panel that was painted with housepaint making it very slick. I will not use that again as the paint does not stick. I will see if things change once it dries.I think if I cropped it making it an 8x8 taking two inches of the right side the composition would be better, also. I wanted to do a foggy scene. I watch Johannes Vloothaus do the painting on his workshop online Saturday. I have studied with him for four years and he is one of the best teachers I have found. Check out his site, http://www.Improvemypaintings.com. His workshops are inexpensive and they are scheduled from 1-5pm and sometimes last until 7pm as he has so much to teach. He has free videos occasionally.
I
I did work on this painting to keep the large tree from being so round at the top. There is still a roundness! I should wipe out the left branch at the top. I did raise the yellow tree next to it so that the trees were not at the same height and set the other tall tree more in the background.
On Thursday I went to Malabar Farm to meet with the Ohio Plein Air Society painters from our area. It was raining but we talked about painting places we want to go to and four painters did stay and painted from the porch. We will meet again at Malabar next thursday as it qualifies as a park and we are all planning on entering a show requiring paintings of parks in Ohio.
I did start to work at Kingwood Center Gardens on Saturday and will be working 3 days a week so am hoping to stick to my schedule and paint as much as I can.
Happy Spring. Spring is trying to come in but Winter is pushing her out! Yesterday it rained, hailed, snowed and had terrible wind. The combination toppled a tree in Kingwood wiping out the fence around the duck pond. No birds were harmed.
To you artists out there keep painting...I have some projects in mind that are more inspirational than the boat scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment