Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013
A new year and new goals. Last year in the last 3 months I worked at minimum wage jobs and those jobs are finished so.....I figured if I could take the time to work those jobs, I would take the same time and paint the same hours. Today I did....I started at 12 and worked until now (4:50) and finished an 8x10 acrylic. I had invested in a couple ruling pens and wanted to work in some acrylic for a change. It is too dark to photo but will do so tomorrow. I am fairly happy with the painting. I worked on a gessoed board, very smooth and if the paint was very liquid the brushmarks showed so there had to be a happy medium which I did not achieve but I rather like the transparent look. The ruling pen was a challenge as if one put too much paint in it , then it would make a big blob at the start. I really liked it for making branches and weeds. To work in a transparent manner one has to plan as well as with a watercolor. The advantage is one can repaint and still get a transparent look, Will get my iPad and see if I can get a decent picture of the painting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment