Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ohio Plein Air Society Annual Meeting

Went to the Ohio Plein Air Society annual meeting on Saturday March 29. The first Speaker was John Blakeman a prairie expert who spoke extensively about Ohio Prairies. It was a very informative talk with slides. Ohio Plein Air Society is working on a a year long prairie exhibition and I can hardly wait to go to one of the prairies and paint.
 The second speaker was Artist John Cosby who had a fascinating program about controlling the viewer's eye. I did take notes and will add some of this information in my newsletter.

I start to work at Kingwood Center on Tuesday April 1st so have been really organizing my home and studio to prepare.


Rusty

I lost my sweet Husky/Malamute to age this past week and that was difficult. He was such a faithful companion. I will continue to work with my Aussie Rescue, Tosca, in agility.

So instead of painting I have been cleaning up my Fine Art America website, painting over old paintings,framing paintings, cleaning out closets, recycling items, trashing items and generally cleaning up so I can schedule painting time.

I have some paintings to go on the 7th to the local cafe and at least one for the Mansfield Art Center


Perhaps this week I can frame a few more.  Have a great week and I hope to get this blog out twice a week in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment